Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Working with Gold Leaf Foil

To create this card for the "Something Shiny" challenge at Less is More. I reached for my Mona Lisa Gold Leaf.  I am just learning how to work with it. I started by dry embossing the design  on black cardstock and then used a  paint brush to apply the Mona Lisa adhesive.  After letting it dry to a tacky state, I applied the gold leaf.  This is a challenging medium for me because it is hard to control and keep the lines clean.  I did okay with this design, but am eager to continue working with the gold leaf to polish my skill.  In addition to the gold leaf, I used foil paper and gold brads.   If  anyone happen to know of any great resources or videos about working with gold leaf, I would really appreciate it if you shared them with me.
Thanks for coming by the blog!


5 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the gold leafing. That is hard to do ~Great card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really interesting technique Brenda... it must be quite tricky!
    Great stuff!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, Brenda! I have never worked with gold leaf before, so this is wonderful to see. Beautifully done! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really effective
    Lovely card Brenda
    Thanks ao much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete