Saturday, May 18, 2013

O Christmas Tree


It's another Christmas card! I've lost count of how many cards I've already completed, but I know that I'm well into the fifties and it's only May....yippee. This particular card is for the current "Oh Christmas Tree" challenge at Winter Wonderland. To create the tree for my card, I backed heart shaped metal clips with two shades of green cardstock, added a trunk to each and adhered them to Kraft cardstock in a tree shape.  I inked around the edges of the Kraft, rounded the corners and used a gel pen to add white dots. Next I used an embossed cardstock as a mat and adhered these layers to a larger piece of Kraft. The text on this larger piece of Kraft is a series of random "Christmas" words that I came up with and printed directly to the cardstock using MS Word.  A touch of ribbon was added before adhering everything to the white cardbase.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Bazzill, K & Company, Metal clips?, Ribbon: Offray, Sakura Gel Pen, Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry, Scotch ATG

6 comments:

  1. Brenda, this is fabulous! I love, love, love that idea with those metal clips - I have some somewhere that I could never think what to do with. I hope I haven't forgotten your cute idea by the time I start my Cword cards....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Brenda! I love those paper clips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever and cute application of the clips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, very clever too. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and it looks like it was fun to make.

    ReplyDelete