Saturday, January 10, 2015

Snowman Card

I am really enjoying participating in the current Christmas challenges out there in blogland. My husband, on the other hand, thinks I'm a bit premature, (after all Christmas is eleven months away!) I know he will appreciate my on-going card making once Christmas rolls around.
My snowman card is actually inspired by two challenges. I've based the layout and use of a monochromatic scheme on the phenomenal card created by design team member, Pat at CASE-ing Christmas.  My inspiration for the color came from the January color challenge at 52 Christmas Card ThrowdownI bet you already guessed that it's SHADES of BLUE.
I began by selecting the snowman background paper. Once I knew that I wanted to use it for the background, I decided to continue with the snowman theme and use it for the focal point on the banner. I punched and decorated a snowman, then dressed him in a blue hat and scarf, stamped some trees in the background, added snowflakes and a snowfield.

Mynn from Great Impressions (and CASE-ing Christmas) recently stopped by my blog and suggested I also link this card up with the SNOW FRIENDS challenge there. If you haven't checked out this blog, head on over. The DT has incredible talent and this month challenge inspiration creations are phenomenal!!!




13 comments:

  1. I love your snowman and this fabulous layout! Makes for a great card! Congrats on getting going on them early, I am doing the same. Hoping to find time to try this layout too.
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of challenges. Super layout and I do like those cute snowmen! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! In December when you see you stash, you'll be so pleased you joined it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! I am IN LOVE with this darling card, Barbara!!! Your punched snowman totally rocks! I hope that you link it up with us at Great Impressions, too! We're looking for "snow friends"! :) Thank you so much for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us at Great impressions! Hope to see you again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

      Delete
  4. Your snowman is just the cutest! I love the background paper Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully cheerful card - thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and thank you so much for playing along with us at Case-ing Christmas. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable! Kudos to you for starting your Christmas and winter cards eleven months early! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions for our Snow Friends challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snowman card is adorable. Love that pattern paper and your snowman matches beautifully. Tell your husband it is never too early to start Christmas projects. Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Brenda, love the snowman, the pattern papers are fab. Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE-ing Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful collection of blues for our colour challenge. I love how your punched snowman matches the background paper. A fab card and well done on starting your Christmas cards so early. We love people to do that at 52 CCT!mthanks for playing along
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute, I love the snowman and his background. Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete