Thursday, May 16, 2013

Santa Hat: Ho, Ho, Ho

RED & WHITE is the May color challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. When I think of Christmas and the colors red and white, Santa is among the top images. So with red cardstock in hand, I folded it in half to create a cardbase and hand cut a Santa hat shape from it.  I added some polyfil to represent the fur and hand cut the Ho Ho Ho. It seemed a bit flat so I attached the three red bows. Next I cut a white cardstock base, also in the shape of the Santa hat and printed Merry Christmas on it before adhering it to the inside.

Just for fun, I'm also linking this up over at Old Back Porch. It's a great place to post whatever you are currently working on.

Supplies: Cardbase: Fox River Company, Polyfil, Cardstock: white scraps, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry


8 comments:

  1. Wow Brenda, your handcut Santa hat is amazing! What a perfect creation for our red and white challenge! The bows add a lovely festive touch! Thanks for sharing your fab card with us at 52 {C}CT, please play along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Brenda! You really amazing at your hand-cutting skills and have once again wowed us at 52CCT! Thanks so much for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, your creativity always brings a smile to my face, and this card is no exception! The hat shape is so fun, and the fluffy trim is the perfect finishing touch. I'm so glad you shared this in this week's color challenge at 52{C}CT, and I'm looking forward to the next time you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fab! I love Santa's hat, and I'm very impressed that you hand cut it! Loving the texture too! Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an original idea! I love it! Even more so knowing that you hand cut it- a real one-off. Love the bows and the 'fur'. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so clever, Brenda! Don't forget to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-220.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very good at hand cutting, Brenda! How did you learn that? I really love this Santa hat card. It is SO clever. Great job and thanks for playing at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling! What amazing cutting and a stroke of genius to do a Santa hat, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete