Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Heart Formation

It seems that inspiration is everywhere! This morning I saw two blog challenges that inspired this card. The first challenge is over at Shopping Our Stash where the theme is Love or Valentine's Day. The second challenge is a Twisted Tuesday Challenge. The challenge is to use the sky and the twist is to use something that flies in the sky. When I read about these challenges I knew I had to combine them and include geese on my project. This past weekend I had seen flock after flock of geese flying in "V" formation.  I love to see them in flight and used them as inspiration for my card.

For the card,  I began by creating the tiny handmade geese. I drew one tiny Canada goose and used colored pencils to add detail. I cut it out and then used it as a template for the remaining geese. It took a while to cut and color all of them but it was all very relaxing. Next I used a piece of white cardstock, blue ink and a sponge to create the sky background. I glued the geese onto the sky background in HEART formation and added the sentiment. I had briefly thought about putting the geese in a "V" formation, as I had seen them over the weekend, and using the "V" for the word Valentine but instead I ended up with the heart formation. I think I like it better this way. Hmmmm, if only I could inspire those real geese to fly in a heart formation....now that would really be something!

Supplies:  Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Crayola Colored Pencils, Studio G Ink, MS Word,Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

14 comments:

  1. You DREW those geese?!?!? Whoa, seriously awesome! Love the heart formation, too. Glad we could inspire you! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you look closely you'll see that they aren't all created equally. As I cut them, the cardstock would shift because I cut three at a time. The end result is slightly different shapes here and there...but that makes them unique.

      Delete
  2. Holy crow (or, geese)!! You drew those geese!!! This card is all sorts of awesome, Brenda! The heart formation rocks! Thanks for playing along with Shopping Our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I really did enjoy the process of creating this card. Even though the geese are tiny and somewhat challenging to cut and later glue on, I loved adding the details with a colored pencil. Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
    2. WOW Brenda!! That is seriously impressive!!! The hand drawn geese are absolutely beautiful and I love that you have them in a heart formation. Perfect for a Valentine!
      Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

      Delete
  3. holy *WOW* you never ever cease to amaze me! geese flyin' south in a heart shape?! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love those geese. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are very very talented! This is a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, congrats on your win at Shopping Our Stash. This is an amazingly unique card. It is also amazingly artistic as I read that you drew your own geese! You are very talented and I am so glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super take on the challenge! Great card! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning card!!! Inspiring story! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Gorgeous, Brenda! Congrats on being a Twisted Chosen! You spent a long time on this and it's simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your crafting, you are very creative with so many materials, and I appreciate the way you use such a variety, not just the latest trendy stamps, etc. And repurposing!! Very close to my crafting heart! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment. I do try to use what I have on hand and not get caught up in making too many trendy purchases. I would love to see your work. Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete