Monday, May 27, 2013

Christmas Lights: All Tied Up


This month 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown and Winter Wonderland share the same embellishment theme. It's TWINE (and/or ribbon at Winter Wonderland)!   So, for my card I used twine as one of the focal points and a string of Christmas lights as the other focal point. I've had this strip of stickers with Christmas lights for a very long time. To brighten the lights, I  began by applying glitter over the lights, then adhered twine to represent the electrical cord. I trimmed around the lights and cord and "draped" the lights through punched pine boughs that I inked. The white cardstock mat was a bit flat, so I inked around the edges and rounded the corners with a punch. To tie things up,  I added three layers of twine and a twine bow.


Supplies: Cardbase: Bazzill, Cardstock: Recollections, Twine: The Twinery, Stickers: Current, Glitter: Studio G, Punch: Martha Stewart, Creative Memories, Ink: Memento, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely, Brenda! LOVE the fabulous string of lights and I adore the branches and twine, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous representation of our theme thanks for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the twine for the lights' cord is so clever! I'm normally not a fan of glitter, but it's the perfect finishing touch here. Thanks for sharing your card in this week's challenge at 52{C}CT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I love the string of Christmas lights and they sparkle too! Very inventive. Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Brenda - that string of lights among the branches is the bomb! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Brenda, I love how the twine looks just like the twisted cord you get with Christmas lights sometimes! The glitter is the perfect touch to add twinkle to the lights - very festive! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Brenda, fot the HM.
    Your card is really beautiful and I love tes these pine branches!
    The light bulbs are very well, and the twine gives the perfect finishing touch!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete