Friday, May 10, 2013

Metallic & Bright


Inspirational Photo from Jingle Belles  
I created this card for the Merry & BRIGHT  challenge at  Jingle Belles. I used scrap pieces of metallic paper and adhered them to a piece of cardstock, then I hand cut a Christmas tree and stitched it on my sewing machine. I punched wholes to represent lights then layered the tree on a piece of orange metallic paper and then onto a piece of embossed cardstock. Next I matted it on a blue metallic piece of paper. I couldn't decide whether to include a sentiment on the front of this card. So, I've temporarily attached "Merry Christmas" on the top card. Hopefully you can help me decide.

I'm also linking this card up at Old Back Porch. It isn't for a challenge. Instead, it's just for fun. We are encouraged to link up current projects to share our creativity and be inspired by others.
Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Metallic Paper: Hygloss, Embossing Folder: Darice, Cardstock: Recollections, Janome Sewing Machine, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous BRIGHT design ... that patchwork tree is genius ... and I love how the blue frame really makes that color pop ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have this kind of tree in my house? Such a fun design, I love the mix of metallic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stitching on your tree, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok ♥WOW♥ that metallic paper is AMAZING, especially in your hands! what a brilliant (in every sense of the word, lol!) take on our "merry and bright" challenge and just the best possible version of that cool inspo pic!

    (for the record i like it without the sentiment, but then i always like to "save" a little something for the inside of the card, lol!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! Love the stitching and those metalloic papers! And the embossed background - well, what is there not to like?! I like cards without sentiments, agree with lauren on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing! gosh, all that work and inspiration! love it

    ReplyDelete