Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Smokey Take on Cascading Circles


Kathy has the May Sketch up over at The Sketch File!  I used it to create this card. It's a fun sketch and I hope you will visit the blog to see what the other DT members have created.  It's a month long challenge so you have plenty of time to join us.                                                                                          

For my card I decided to use a train. Those cascading circles on the sketch suggested train smoke, so I went for it. I hand cut a train and train car and layered them on an embossed piece of white cardstock. I embossed the white cardstock with gears on the bottom and chevrons on the top. Next I  cut a strip of black cardstock and then used an Xacto knife to cut vertical lines in it. I then threaded a ribbon through it and trimmed the edges in a banner shape. To create the smoke pouring from the smoke stack, I punched a series of circles and chalked them.  I finished by writing Happy Birthday and cutting into a banner.   I'm thinking about other ways to interpret Kathy's sketch....how about you? We'd love to see what you come up with for this sketch challenge.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Supplies: Cardbase: DCWV, Cardstock: Recollections and scraps from my stash, Embossing Folders: Darice, Circle Punches: EK Success, Chalk: Craf-T Products, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Ribbon: Offray 

No comments:

Post a Comment