Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Still Seeing Spots

SPOTS, SPOTS, SPOTS.......are you seeing 
them everywhere? 

                                                                                                        
CFC56

The current challenge at CAS-UAL FRIDAYS is SWEET SPOTS.  This is a great challenge!  Although I have plenty of patterned paper with polka dots,I decided to design my own polka dot paper.  I began by using the eraser end of a pencil and stamped a strip of multicolored dots onto my white cardstock and used a Q-tip to add smaller black dots on the colored dots.  I purposefully tried not to center the black dots to make it look more random. I cut a scalloped like edge along the two outer edges of the dots leaving the top edge of the card intact.  I lifted this polka dot strip up and adhered a piece of black cardstock under it.  For the flowers, I created a series of  dots on white cardstock with a black marker.  I cut a flower shape from the black and white polka dotted paper, added a black center and fringed the flower. To make the flower pop, I added a black mat. I finished the card by writing the sentiment with a black marker.

Thanks for visiting my blog!



.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful play of spots/dots!! Love your delightful design! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic, colorful and creative way to incorporate the spots in your design, Brenda! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These spots are super fun and playful!! Love the bright colors and the splatter effect on the flowers!! Super cute! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete