Friday, June 15, 2012

Turquoise Dragonfly card

There is an a fun sketch challenge at Retro Sketches.  I decided to attempt a card this morning...ahhh...too late.  I didn't make the challenge but I had fun creating this card anyway.  To create my card, I used a turquoise cardstock and stitched around three edges with my sewing machine. The orange shape is based on an insert in a packaged item, which I traced and cut out.  I machine stitched around this and drew dots on it with a gel pen.  I added a turquoise ribbon around the card, rounded the corners of the polka dot paper, adhered it, and added a bow.  I attached three turquoise brads to the top right corner and finished the card by creating a dragonfly.  To create the dragonfly, I drew a sketch on black cardstock, cut out six of them, stacked them and placed dimensional adhesive between the layers. I cut foil wings, adhered them and then used a gel pen to create black dots on the center of the dragonfly body.  Lastly, I made wire antennae and adhered it to the dragonfly head. (The layered dragonfly was inspired by Debbie at Debbie's Designs. She made a gorgeous layered ladybug card.)

Thanks for visiting. 
 Have a wonderful Father's Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, your dragonfly is so rich looking and that stitching of yours...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Great job on the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete