Monday, June 18, 2012

Something Shiny

Hmmm...a  "Shiny" challenge.  Yes, that's right.  Over at Less is More the challenge is to use something shiny.   Since I have a large stash of sequins, I put them to use for the flowers and leaves on the three flowers.  For the stem, I threaded a piece of silver wire through the tiny holes in each red sequin, silver sequin and circle sequin, layering them as I threaded them.  I used pliers to loop the ends of each wire so the sequins wouldn't slip off the wire. To adhere them to the mat, I used  3M dimensional squares.  The black mat is also somewhat shiny.  It is a glittered piece of paper.  I've had it in my stash for a very long time and finally have a use for it.

Thanks for taking a peek at my blog!


7 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Brenda, I love the flower centres!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty Brenda and quite dreamlike too - flowers in the cosmos! I love the sparkly background and you've been very clever with the wire and sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how creative. Love the flowers.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so creative I love the details of your flowers~ Stunning Card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Brenda. The black background really shows off the pretty red flowers. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty red flowers! Your leaves look shiny to me too! Great shiny card~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dramatic card Brenda
    Love it
    Thanks ao much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete