Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weave It! A Card Patterns Sketch 169

This was one of those cards where I started out with something completely different in mind, ran into a block and walked away.  When I came back to it, I totally changed it. The card is based on a sketch at Card Patterns.  On round two, I started with the floral pattern paper and matched the yellow and purple cardstock to it.   I decided to weave the ribbon shaped portion of the card, varying the widths of the purple and yellow cardstock.  This is the first time I used a weaving technique on a card. I enjoyed it and will do it again. Using decorative edged scissors, I hand-cut the flower and added purple chalk around the edges of the yellow petals. The center is Bubble-A-Bilities from Papter Studio and the bow is embroidery thread. Here is the card and sketch:

I hope you enjoyed visiting! 
Thanks so very much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! Love that weaving and all the purple. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete