Monday, June 18, 2012

"Note"worthy Goals




My Creative Time Sketch

The sketch on the right is from the layout challenge at My Creative Time. It is just so fun and fabulous! When I saw it I was immediately inspired.  I couldn't wait to get started. My son is an avid music lover.  He plays the viola, bass guitar, and acoustic guitar, does a bit with a keyboard and arranges and composes music.  He has a LOT of goals for the summer and most of them are music related.  So, these "Note"worthy Goals were also my inspiration for this layout.  I wanted to include a representation of the instruments that he is using to reach his goals. You could say my layout is sort of an "I SPY" game. Can you find the various instrument parts? I started by creating the keyboard  with strips of black and white cardstock.  I then cut out the black bass guitar shape. I layered these onto the polka dot patterned paper.  Over the top of  the instrument shapes, I adhered a transparency and printed his current musical "arrangement" on it (sorry for the glare from my camera flash).  For the guitar, I used my sewing machine and black cardstock to create a representation of the sound hole on a guitar.  I added wire to represent the strings and foil covered skewers to mount them. The musical notes are made from twine and I mounted the photos on green burlap.  I included the photo of my son at the computer, because he uses a software program when he is arranging or composing  music. The title is embossed and the journaling tag is tucked inside a burlap pocket (on back of layout on the upper left hand side of the page). The journaling tag has a piece of twine attached so that it can be pulled from the pocket.  Phew!  That's a lot of detail on one layout and is one of the "busiest" layouts I have ever created.  

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Brenda ~ First what a GREAT layout! I am AMAZED by ALL the details and thought that went into your LO! It turned out INCREDIBLE! I LOVE what you did for ALL the instruments too! WOW! Best of all your son has such WONDERFUL goals! Looks like he has such a great support base behind him ( you) he should reach them with no problem! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Scrappy Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! And I LOVE the picture too! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge :)

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC job!your layout is just perfect and great picture,Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge!:)

    ReplyDelete