Monday, June 4, 2012

Lost? Sketch it Out June Challenge at Club CK

When I saw the  lovely sketch and a gorgeous layout at The Paper Doll (and also part of the June Sketch it Out Challenge at Creative Challenges), I knew I had to try to use the sketch. I loved how adaptable the sketch was and after playing around a bit, I ended up creating the layout with only two photos. Here's my take:


Pull green tab to view journaling and more photo

I included more photos in a small book that I tucked into a pocket to the left of the two photos.  I also added the journaling on the cover (in a vellum pocket).  I included stitching down the spine of the small book.  As for the embellishments, the butterflies are from actual photos I took during our hike. I just printed them in various sizes.  The flowers are handmade and inspired by the many flowers we saw while hiking. I created the leaf pattern on the cover of the book by inking around a leaf that I cut from cardstock.

    Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge, Brenda!! I left you some love in the June Sketch It Out thread at Club CK!! :)

    ReplyDelete