Sunday, June 17, 2012

Polka Dotted Thank You



I worked on this very bright card for the card sketch challenge at Card Patterns.  I recently purchased this bright yellow Offray polka dotted ribbon.  I was eager to use it and this sketch seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I love the combination of black and yellow so I started with a black card base.  I cut two inch strips of ribbon and folded it,  leaving it "looped" and added a  punched  black circle to each loop. I adhered these ribbon loops to the yellow patterned paper and added a strip of yellow polka dotted  ribbon and narrow black ribbon and a black bow.  I chalked around three edges of a piece of white cardstock and adhered it on the right side of the card.  I punched the flower from black cardstock, added white dots with a gel pen and yellow ribbon leaves.  The banner is made from ribbon, rub ons and black cardstock.

I am so happy you had time to visit my blog. Thanks so much!
 


2 comments:

  1. What an adorable card and love the polka dots :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my WOW Blog Hop Mini Album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! The colour combo and polka dots are wonderful. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete