Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tumbling Blocks Revisited

Tumbling Squares is the current sketch challenge over at The Sketch File. Kathy's created a clever and fun sketch. I hope you'll stop by The Sketch File                to see what Kate and Kathy have created! I'm sure you'll be inspired and we'd love to see your creation. Kathy's rotated the sketch and provided two sketches to inspire us. Which one inspires you?



For my card, I used both punched circles and decorative slides. Remember those slides that were popular many years ago? Well, I still have a stash so I put them to use.  I kept my color palette the same as the circles on the slides and used a MS Word document to print the sentiment on a piece of cardstock that I adhered behind the center slide. This was a pretty simple card to put together and I love the movement the squares and circles create.

Since the current challenge over at Shopping Our Stash is geometric shapes, I'm linking my card up over there. Wait until you see the incredible geometric inspired cards created by the DT over at Shopping Our Stash!

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: DCWV, Slides ???from Paper Wishes or Oriental Trading (I can't remember), Circle Punches: EK Success, Ink: Studio G, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry

2 comments:

  1. Such a happy design and fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! Love the slides revisited! I remember those! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete