Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Inspired by MUSE & SOS


Inside the card
It's time to play along with another Monday Muse challenge. This week Marion Vagg has a beautiful CAS card to inspire us. I loved every aspect of her card including the beautiful shades of color, the large bold white lettering, and the banner shape. So, I created a card that is VERY similar. To create the various shades of color on my banner, I cut out geometric shapes from different shades of blue cardstock and adhered them in a mosaic fashion along the blue banner. I hand cut the letters for the sentiment out of white cardstock and layered the letters over the mosaic background. I repeated a similar mosaic banner inside but decided not to add the white strip on the base. To add a little more texture to the front of the card, I dry embossed it with a basket weave pattern.

If you've seen my previous posts you'll know that I have also been playing along with the Geometric Shapes challenge aShopping Our Stash. I think this card will work for that challenge as well so I'll link it up over there.

Hope you are having an amazing, fun, creative week! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Scrap pieces from my stash (some are DCWV), Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Scotch ATG, Darice Embossing Folder

8 comments:

  1. Love that stained glass look, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mosaic effect! Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, Brenda! LOVE the stained glass effect and that you carried the sentiment onto the inside--genius! Saw you on the Muse site! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stained glass effect!! Its very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mosaic take on this week's Muse! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mosaic madness! What a stunning look. I also love the embossed background. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really striking, love the mosaic design :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative, Brenda, love that you've echoed the mosaic effect in the background embossing ... it adds so much wonderful dimension! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete