Sunday, June 16, 2013

Moonlit Night

I'm in need of a few masculine cards so I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch to create this card. I began by creating the background with two shades of ink. To create the moon, I punched a circle and adhered it with temporary adhesive to the white cardstock before inking the background. Once I was satisfied with the background color, I removed the circle leaving a white "moon".  So it wasn't too stark, I inked over the moon ever so slightly.  Next I used an embossing folder to create the trees from black cardstock. I added the detail to the trees with a white marker then fussy cut around each and layered them on the left hand edge of the background paper. A torn piece of black represents the earth at the base of the trees.  The sentiment finishes inside with "a very Happy Birthday".

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Embossing Folder: Darice, Marker: Galaxy, Sakura Gel Pen, EK Success Circle Punch, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

1 comment:

  1. This is a very artistic card Brenda :), I just love the birch trees and the way you created your moon. Great work

    ReplyDelete