Sunday, June 9, 2013

Washi Sailboat

Are you a fan of Washi or Decorative Tape?  I have a growing collection of it. It's fun to use on various projects and best of all, it's super easy to use. One of the best qualities is that it is re-positional. I've used quite a bit of decorative tape on this card. I began by hand cutting a sailboat from white cardstock. I covered both sails with strips of red and blue decorative tape, alternating the colors. Then I covered the base of the sailboat with black polka dotted washi.  I attached a brown cardstock strip to use as a mast and adhered the finished sailboat to white cardstock edged with more blue washi tape. I matted this onto black cardstock before attaching it to the cardbase.  Just Us Girls is having a WASHI Technique challenge this week. This is my second card for this challenge.


Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Decorative: Elmer's (blue), Darice (red/black polka dotted), Adhesive: Scotch ATG

7 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous! From hand cutting the sailboat to the fabulous use of the washi tape! Love it! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I am a fan of washi but do mot use it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I would never have thought to do this with Washi! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond clever! I may have to CASE this card if you don't mind! Sooo glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Great boat decorating :) Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fantastic, Brenda!! I thought it was paper piecing; I love that you did that with Washi tape! I've had a play with tape myself and now I'll head over to JUGs and see if the card I posted today will work. In any event, thanks for the inspirational way to use my tapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping back to congratulate you on being name "Chic of the Week" at JUGS! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete