Saturday, June 1, 2013

Kitty Ribbon Christmas Card


The current Jingle Belles RIBBON challenge is making my mind buzz with creative ideas! On this card I used a dark green Christmas ribbon with kittens on it. From a second piece of ribbon, I fussy cut around the kittens and adhered them with dimensional adhesive over the matching kitten. The white space on the card was just begging me to create some kitty paw prints.  I used a heart and circle punch to create them and adhered them so that they "walked" all over the card. I even dug out my embossing marker and wrote "Merry Christmas" and embossed it with green embossing powder. I'm loving this ribbon challenge! (Oops, I see one of my tiny paws is missing a circle...gotta go adhere one on before I forget about it.)

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections: Cardstock: Recollections, Ribbon: Offray, Embossing Marker: EK Success:Zig, Embossing Powder: Stampin-n Stuff, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Punches

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word ... can't believe you adhered all of those tiny circles ... but those prints really make the card ... and the layered ribbon ... absolutely fabulous ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MACARONI... every single kitty "toe" is a punched and glued-on circle??!?!? good grief, i'm surprised that operation didn't take UNTIL xmas!!! a labor of love, tho, the paw prints add sooooooooo much! (the fussy cut ribbon kittehs were already awesome, of course, but the paw prints take it to the next level!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete