Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Son's Interpretation

This card was created by my teenage son. He wandered into my studio while I was working on cards for The Sketch File.
When he saw the colors I had chosen for my cards, he mentioned my tendency to use pastels and/or flowers. Then he decided to create a card from a masculine point of view. Secretly,  I was thrilled that he was creating a card. He doesn't consider himself artistic so I figured this was his chance to be creative. I enjoyed watching him (out of the corner of my eye) as he played around with the placement of his squares and circles. He tilted the squares, straightened them and then ended up layering them so so they looked liked diamonds. Satisfied, he adhered everything in place and handed the card to me asking me to write "Happy Birthday"  while giving me specific, detailed instructions on how to write it.  I have to admit that I love his color combination (black, white, tan, and dark brown work well together).  So there you have it...a masculine interpretation of Kathy's sketch!

I hope you'll hop on over to The Sketch File to see what the other DT members have created. You can go HERE to see the cards I was creating when my son wandered into the studio.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, DCWV, EK Success Punches, Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry, Scotch ATG

4 comments:

  1. wow! well, "Brenda's Son" hehe - I really, really love this. You've achieved such a crisp, graphic and very cool style here and I think I'm going to have to "borrow" it for my next round of masculine cards - it's a real stunner
    Great to have you using The Sketch File - hope you'll join in again soon

    your lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-224.html

    ReplyDelete