Wednesday, June 19, 2013

One More Card before Vacation!


I'm fitting in one more card before I leave for vacation. This card is for the sketch challenge at Jingle Belles. I just had to use Stephanie's sketch one more time! To create the card I used patterned Kraft cardstock. I cut three banners and layered them on a piece of polka dotted Kraft cardstock. Then I punched a snowflake from Kraft, punched around it with a circle punch and adhered it with dimensional adhesive to a piece of polka dotted Kraft. I tucked a Santa in between the layered snowflake and the polka dotted circle adhering it with dimensional adhesive as well. The Santa image was fussy cut from a piece of scrap. I wrote the sentiment on a banner shaped piece of Kraft, backed it with polka dotted Kraft and attached it to the panel with dimensional adhesive. I  also added a small embroidery thread bow. Inside, I attached a snowflake punched from polka dotted Kraft.

Thanks for stopping by....I'm off on VACATION!
Supplies:
Cardbase: Recollections, Kraft Cardstock: My Mind's Eye, Santa Image: Fancy Pants, EK Success Punches, DMC Embroidery Thread, Scotch ATG Adhesive, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive


5 comments:

  1. ok, i have to say, as usual, i love EVERYTHING about this, but... that snowflake frame??!?! ♥GENIUS♥!!!!!! i have to remember to steal (AHEM!) "pay tribute to" (that's better, lol!) that brilliant idea... and soon!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic vintage card, and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how Santa is peeking through the snowflake ... and those krafty papers are marvelous ... so glad you snuck in one more for my sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that vintage Santa, Brenda! So pretty - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-225.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great focal point on your card! I like Santa peeking out from inside the snowflake! :)

    ReplyDelete