Saturday, June 29, 2013

Heat-Embossed Resist Background

I saw a heat-embossed resist technique video by Jenny at Craft Test Dummies. I just had to try my hand at it. I decided to use the technique to create a background. First, I inked a stamp with Versa mark and stamped stripes onto a white piece of white cardstock. Then I sprinkled on some white embossing powder and heated it. In the Jenny's video, she used Gelatos to color over the embossed design. Since I didn't have any Gelatos, I used my Elmer's Crayon Sticks.They are soft and silky and go on smoothly. Once I had the red and yellow randomly spread across the surface, I used a paint brush dipped in water to blend the colors. Using a paper towel, I smudged and removed color until I was satisfied with the results.  I cut the background into strips with decorative scissors and then adhered them to a black cardbase. For the flower, I used a digi image, colored it with markers and adhered it to an oval that I cut with the same decorative scissors. I added embroidery thread stitching around the oval and adhered punched leaves.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Digi image: COLORINGPAGESKIDSBOYS.COM, Elmer's Crayon Sticks, Ranger Seafoam       Embossing Powder, Markers: Bic Mark It, Decorative Scissors: Fiskars, McGill Leaf Punch, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares, Versa Mark Stamp Pad, DMC Embroidery Thread


Coloringpageskidsboys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment