Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Merry Christmas for Merry Monday Challenge

Always Playing With Paper has a new Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge based on a sketch by Debbie Marcinkiewicz. It's a fabulous sketch! When I first saw it, an image of the card I wanted to create popped into my head.  I began by layering red decorative tape  with white polka dots along a strip of white cardstock. Then I handcut the word MERRY from it leaving a slight white edge on the top and bottom of each letter. I adhered the letters to two strips of dark green cardstock.  From the same dark green cardstock, I handcut the word CHRISTMAS and matted it on a piece of white cardstock with the red tape running down the center. I cut the end of it into the shape of a banner before adhering it beneath the word MERRY. I added red polka dotted decorative tape down the right side edge of an embossed cardbase and layered a piece of green cardstock partially over the tape. The trees were punched then I cut around them in an oval shape. I layered the trees onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto a piece of cardstock with the red decorative tape. I finished by adding small white polka dots on the green oval surrounding the trees. 
  
Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Bazzill (green), Recollections (white), Punch: All Night Media, Darice Decorative Tape, Embossing Folder: Spellbinders, Adhesives: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry

7 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card Brenda, I like how you applied the tape to create different elements on your card and the music embossing folder is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun use of products on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red and white polka dots, Brenda! What a fun Christmas card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Brenda - don't forget to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-223.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the polka dots and the embossed background you've used....so festive and seasonal! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous Xmas card! Your cutting of the sentiment is amazing! I'm loving all that white and all that texture! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fun music embossed background!

    ReplyDelete