Saturday, June 29, 2013

Captivating Digi Santa

Inspirational Photo from
 Christmas Card Challenges
This is my second card for the hybrid challenge at Jingle Belles. The challenge is to create a holiday card with at least one digi image. So, I'm continuing to play around around with the digi stamp of Santa that I found at STAMP-N-doodle. I've already linked up one card at Jingle Belles using this image. I am usually not drawn to coloring images, but this Santa has me captivated. I used colored pencils to color the black and white image then fussy cut around it. I adhered it to a die cut snowflake, using dimensional adhesive in the center and double sided adhesive around the edges. You can't see it in the photo, but Santa looks 3D in person.  I used a red cardstock for a mat, then poked holes around the snowflake.  I love how the light peeks through those little holes. The die cut frame and cardbase have the same scalloped square shape to allow the light to pass through. I printed the sentiment onto the white frame using MS Word. I'm also going to link this card up over at Christmas Card Challenges. They are having a photo inspiration challenge. I love the red door in that photo. It really pops against the white siding of the house and snow.


Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections, Die Cut Snowflake: Fiskars, Die Cut Frame: Fiskars, Digi Image: Stamp-n-doodle.com, Scrapbook Adhesives Dimensional Foam Squares, Scotch ATG, Printed Sentiment: MS Word, Crayola Colored Pencils         

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome frame for your digi Santa, Brenda! He would be fun to color and you've done a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is fantastic ... I rally love the shading on his face ... so glad you made another Santa card for the Jingle Belles digital challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, see, if i hadn't seen them back-to-back, i wouldn't have realized this is EXACTLY the same santa as the other card, b/c you've made it sooooo very distinctive and different with the snowflake motif and the fussy-cutting! very cool, indeed, especially those little pierced holes, what a great accent! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete