Saturday, October 20, 2012

Birch Trees

Here is my submission for the Authentique October Inspiration Color Challenge. The color story board includes ivory, mountain pine and blacksmith. For this card I used papers  from Authentique's Loyal and Celebrate Collections (black and mountain pine). I created the night sky with Authentique's black paper and added clouds with a Q-tip. The moon was punched from ivory cardstock and I added more chalked clouds over the top of it. I hand cut the birch trees from white cardstock and added details with paints. The grass is layered Authentique paper that I tore into strips. I wrapped embroidery floss around the base and tied  a bow. I finished by adding the sentiment which is hand-written with a marker on ivory cardstock and matted with the same black as the night sky.

SUPPLIES:
Paper: Authentique Loyal and Celebrate Collections (black and green)
Marker: Zig black
Cardstock: Core'dinations Vanilla Cream/ivory, DCWV white
Adhesive: Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
Circle Punch: EK Success
Embroidery Floss: DMC ivory
Chalk: Craft-T Decorations/gray
Q-Tips: Johnson & Johnson
Paints: Folk Art (black/brown)



1 comment:

  1. Those trees look divine, what an awesome look to create with paint.

    ReplyDelete