Monday, March 18, 2013

Christmas Penguin....Warm Winter Wishes

Christmas Animals is the current challenge at 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown. So here's this little penguin all wrapped up in his scarf and ready for Christmas. I used a die cut to create him and then used acrylic paints to add detail.  I also used a die to create the large snowflake and used a punch to create the smaller snowflakes. I centered the large snowflake on a piece of black cardstock, matted this onto a piece of patterned paper and attached it to the cardbase. Next I adhered the penguin and scattered the smaller snowflakes around it. The sentiment (inside) reads: Warm Winter Wishes.

Now that it is finished, I realize that it's a NO-Bird challenge....ooops!

Supplies:
Cardbase: Recollections
Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned Paper:Teresa Collins: Carolina Breeze
Large Snowflake and Penguin Dies: Fiskars
Snowflake Punch: Emagination
Acrylic Paint:Master's Touch
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry

6 comments:

  1. Brenda this is such a pretty card and that little penguin is mega cute and beautifully coloured. I am sooo sorry but our theme this week is 'Animals' and I am afraid birds don't count. I did love your card though and if you wanted to have another go we'd be thrilled. Thanks for playing along with 52 CCT again this week
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your penguin is darling, and I really like him paired with the snowflakes! I'm sorry you realized after your card was finished that we're looking for non-feathered animals at 52{C}CT this week. If you have the chance to create something with another animal, we'd love to see it! :) Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! LOVE all the shimmer and shine and I LOVE how you used the negatives of your snowflake punched paper! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this time around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness polka dots and this sweet penguin . Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems that nobody considers penguins a bird!! I know, they swim! I think this is such a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's neat how you accented your penguin with paint. Great card! Thanks for playing at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete