Thursday, April 25, 2013

Stuffed Penguin

No,no, no....stuffed penguin isn't on my dinner menu, but it is the technique I used to create this little penguin for my card. Jingle Belles has had an ongoing challenge to used a recycled element on a card.  I'm loving this recycling challenge and couldn't resist adding another card to my growing collection. To create my stuffed penguin, I started with a cellophane treat bag that was previously used as a gift bag. I knew when I received this adorable bag that I would someday use it again. I'm so glad I saved it! I cut  image of the penguin from the bag and laid it on top of a piece of white cardstock. Then I used my sewing machine and stitched around it, leaving an opening at the top so I could stuff it. I stuffed it with a plastic produce bag from my recycling bin. Next I finished stitching it and fussy cut around it. I adhered it to cardstock that I had torn to represent snow and layered it on an embossed background. To make it pop, I used a black mat edged with snowflake stitching. I wrapped a portion of a skewer with red and white twine then added the sentiment.

Cellophane bag that I cut the penguin image from


Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Bazzill, Embossing Folder: Darice, Sewing Machine: Janome, Cellophane bag, Wooden skewer, Twine: The Twinery, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares,






No comments:

Post a Comment