Saturday, April 6, 2013

Potted Christmas Plant

This is my Christmas card for the "Christmas in April" challenge over at 365 Cards. I had fun with this one. I decided to do a potted plant in hopes that it will inspire spring weather to come and STAY here.  I created the flowers with pieces of red scrap paper and a heart punch. I added a green circle for the center of each. Next I added a stem and wrapped the stem with holly leaves that I attached to artistic wire. I created a hand made flower pot, shaded it with colored pencils and tied a piece of green embroidery thread around it. I layered the flowers and the flower pot on a piece of crimped white cardstock and added three strands of embroidery thread to the base. I hand cut the letters for the word JOY and used a punch to punch out the center of the letter O. I matted the white cardstock onto a piece of green cardstock and then the cardbase.

Supplies:
Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections: white, green ?, Red, scrap pieces, Crimper: Marvy Uchida, Wire: Artistic Wire, Punches: EK Success, Embroidery thread: DMC, Colored pencils: Crayola, Adhesive. Elmer's Glue Dots, Scotch ATG

1 comment:

  1. What a great card! Love how you used the heart punch to make the flowers. Thank you for playing along with us over at 365 cards!!

    ReplyDelete