Saturday, January 12, 2013

Aluminum Foil Snowflake



I discovered yet another fabulous blog. It's called 52 (Christmas) Cart Throwdown. The current color challenge is purple, metallic silver and white. So I put together this card with the large silver snowflake as a focal point.  I used two shades of purple and a white cardbase.  To create the silver snowflake, I adhered aluminum foil to cardstock and ran this through my die cut machine. It embossed and cut beautifully. I added purple gems to the snowflake and layered the snowflake on a piece of purple vellum. The background is a punched background that I adhered to a white cardbase.

Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studios
Punch: background: Martha Stewart, Snowflake: Fiskar's Fuse
Gems: Studio G
Vellum and Patterned paper: Unknown (bought it at a garage sale)
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry
This is another card I made for the same challenge. I used aluminium foil to create the silver snowflakes and the bottom edge of the card.

Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studios
Snowflakes: Emagination, EK Success
Penguin: Fiskar's Fuse
Tag: Fiskar's Fuse
Twine: Twineology
Markers: Bic Mark It
Colored Pencils: Crayola
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares


5 comments:

  1. Glorious - in my fave colour and those pengies are delightful

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are BOTH fabulous!!! LOVE that amazing snowflake is just perfect and I adore the penguin--too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT and hope you join us again SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed at your gorgeous alum foil snowflake - what an awesome (and beautful) idea. Both of your cards are wonderful! So glad you've discovered us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown this week and hope that you keep joining us each week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely cards Brenda, great use of aluminium foil - I adore that big beautiful snowflake especially!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are super - I love the elegance of the snowflake and the fun penguin!

    ReplyDelete