Saturday, January 26, 2013

Orange Fringed Flowers


I came across an incredible inspirational photo at Just Us Girls. I don't work with orange often but really liked the photo and wanted to see what I could come up with for the challenge. I ended up punching flowers from orange cardstock, inking around the edges and cutting tiny slits into each petal to create a fringe. To add dimension to each flower, I added a second layer to each one. For the center of the flowers, I added brown fringed circles as well as pearls and a bit of highlighting with a white marker. I punched leaves, inked around the edges and folded them in half to give them some dimension.The flowers are matted on a piece of white cardstock. At the base of the mat I attached brown ribbon and adhered the mat to a white cardbase with dimensional adhesive.                                                                                            
                                           Supplies: 
Cardbase: Paper Studio Cardstock: Paper Recollections, Flower punch: Marvy Uchida , Circle punch: EK Success, Leaf Punch: McGill, White Marker: American Crafts, Pearls: E Line, Ribbon ?, Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry & Scotch ATG, Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares, Ink: Studio G

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning. The flowers look so real, rich and vibrant. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orange flowers are fabulous!! Love how you gave them texture. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job with your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those FLOWERS are positively exquisite! Wonderfully created! I'm so glad to hear our inspiration motivated you - it SURE shows in your lovely card! Thanks for sharing your talent with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete