Friday, January 25, 2013

Polka Dot Birthday

I was sorting through my scrap pieces of cardstock and came across this turquoise cardstock.  I decided to put it to use and created this card just for fun. If you follow my blog regularly, you might recognize the layout. It's based on a sketch  from a recent challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch. (I submitted a card for the challenge earlier this month.)  To create this card, I started by adhering the the wavy edged turquoise strip to a white cardbase. I punched several circles from different colored pieces of cardstock. Next I added white polka dots with a gel pen on and adhered them to the background.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but the square in the center is dark purple. I matted a piece of white cardstock on it and used four of the circles in the center as a focal point. I ended up using a marker to write the sentiment....it's also purple but hard to tell from the photograph.  
Supplies: Cardbase: Paper Studios, Punch: EK Success, Decorative scissors, Cardstock: Scraps from my stash, Marker: Bic Mark It, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Gel Pen: Sakura

Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment