Sunday, January 20, 2013

Multi-colored leaves

Tonight I really wanted to try using markers to add a bit of color to a  stamped image. I had seen a  card created by Lisa from I'm in Haven that was so very stunning with it's bright colors that I thought I would give something similar a try.  Lisa's card used hearts with a flourish stamp. I used leaves instead. I stamped the image of the leaves on a separate piece of white cardstock, then colored them with markers. Afterwards I fussy cut around the leaves and stems to give them a bit of dimension. Next I adhered the leaves randomly over the cardbase. I printed my sentiment on the computer and used a score board to add embossed lines before matting the sentiment on a second, slightly larger piece of white cardstock.
Lisa's card from I'm in Haven

Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studios
Cardstock: Scrap piece of white
Markers: Bic Mark It, Galaxy Marker
Adhesive: Scotch ATG
Ink: Ranger: Adirondack
Font: MS WORD Lucida Handwriting


2 comments:

  1. Good morning Brenda
    Thank you very much for the wonderful comment you had left about my card. I'm always happy to see that my works are appreciated.
    Your card is very beautiful. I love those bright colors you've used.
    Congratulations also for your Top Honored card on 52cct. The big silver snowflake on it ...is just gorgeous!

    I wish you a beautiful day...
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete