Saturday, January 26, 2013

Happy Hellos

This card was inspired by the sketch challenge at Make My Monday. I started by punching squares from patterned paper, then cut a slightly larger squares from blue cardstock. Next I cut randomly cut each square of patterned paper into five pieces and adhered the pieces onto the blue squares, leaving a space between each piece.  I cut a strip of black cardstock and attached it vertically to the center of the card and then adhered the blue squares along it.  I punched black dragonflies, glued them to the squares and added gems down the center. I cut a banner from both the blue cardstock and the patterned cardstock and wrote the sentiment on the blue cardstock with a marker. To finish I added a few gems below the word Hellos.
Supplies: Sketch: Make My Monday,  Cardbase: Paper Studios, Cardstock: Authentique: Splendid, DCWV, Dragonfly Punch: McGill, Gems: Paper Studio, Marker: ZIG, Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry, Scotch ATG
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Brenda. Love the pretty squares in the blue and the punched dragonflies look beautiful.
    Thanks for joining in with our MMM challenge this week.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, thank you for joining us at MMM with this pretty card
    Suzi B :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you adhered the dragonflies in different directions, adds a lot of movement to your card.

    ReplyDelete