Friday, January 25, 2013

Faux Happy Father's Day

This morning I was really wishing that it was Saturday instead of Friday. I didn't want to go to work and deal with the stresses that have been a part of each day this past week. Instead, I just wanted to stay home and be creative. Fortunately, I am an early riser and had plenty of time before work to put this card together and to let my creative juices flow. My inspiration came from the sketch challenge at  Clean and Simple. I really like creating banners and this sketch has three of them! I began by cutting a strip of patterned cardstock to run the length of the card then cut three banners from a piece of light green cardstock. I also cut images from the patterned cardstock to use to as decorative elements on the banners. I used blue cardstock to punch a few stars and then cut strips of of it to add further detail to the banners. The blue cardstock was also used to mat the center banner.  I adhered the patterned paper and the banners and then added a strip of cream colored ribbon. To add a bit of dimension, I bent a piece of blue wire in a zig zag fashion and attached it over the top of the ribbon.
I couldn't decide what I wanted to use for a sentiment, so instead of printing or stamping one on the card, I used photoshop to add a "faux" Happy Father's Day. I've found that using photoshop this way is a good way to see what a sentiment will look like on the card before actually printing or stamping it onto it.

Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studios
Cardstock: Authentique Splendid, DCWV, Fox River Paper Co.
Ribbon: Offray
Wire: ?
Star punch?
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry
Photoshop Elements



2 comments:

  1. What an inspiration...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-24.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, and perfect for a guy.

    ReplyDelete