Thursday, January 24, 2013

Building a Snowman


I am playing along with the latest challenge at Jingle Belles. The challenge is called:  It's a Scandinavian Christmas! The inspirational photo was the perfect prompt for me. I was also inspired by a card created by Nikki Foraker. She had created a snowman from cardstock that had text printed on it. I really wanted to try something similar so I began by hand cutting a snowman from a piece of white cardstock with text printed on it. Then I hand cut the hat, scarf, arms, eyes and carrot nose. I used a punch for the buttons. With a white gel I carefully drew a "Scandinavian Snowflake" pattern onto the scarf and hat band and added more detail with a red colored pencil. I adhered all the snowman parts together and then attached the snowman to a white textured cardbase that I had embossed with a scoreboard. As I embossed, I made heavy and light embossing patterns on the cardbase so that the background would have lots of texture. This was a super fun challenge and it was an awesome inspirational photo!
Thanks for visiting!

SUPPLIES:Cardbase: Paper StudiosCardstock: Scrap pieces of white, red, brown & blackScoring Board: Martha StewartGel Pen: SakuraColored Pencils: CrayolaInspiration: Nikki Foraker: http://scrappinnavywife.blogspot.com/2012/12/mct-12-days-of-christmas-day-12.html  Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry, Scotch ATG


3 comments:

  1. OH-My-Word ... could he be any cuter ... the hand cut scarf is perfection and I love the text ... absolutely fabulous! ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he is MOST adorable!! Your colors are so intense, it is like looking at it in real life. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy scandinavian ♥WOW♥!!! every single facet of this is BRILLIANT from the fabulously texty snowman, to that incredibly gorgeous hand drawn scarf & hat band, to the perfectly textured background! total feast for the eyes and the design sense, too! ♥ thanks for ROCKIN' the jul with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete