Friday, December 14, 2012

Enjoy the Next Chapter of Your Life

I created this table top centerpiece for a retiring librarian. Since she is a librarian, I created a  mini book for the focal point and framed it. The book shape is a die cut. On the left hand center page I printed the definition of retirement and on the adjacent page, I wrote a sentiment. To personalize the book, I asked library staff members to each write a message to the librarian on a page of the book. The hardest part of the whole project was getting everyone to write something in a timely fashion. Once I collected all the pages from the staff members, I sewed the pages of the book together with fish line and  adhered them to a cover created from heavy cardstock and velvet paper. I mounted the book on  crimped cardstock and framed the book with scalloped edged cardstock. (I printed "Enjoy the Next Chapter of Your Life" before cutting the frame pieces.) The base of the center piece is made from foam core. Once I determined the dimensions, I scored it in the center on one side to allow it to fold to make an easel.  To stabilize it and keep it standing,  I attached a piece of ribbon between the two panels (on the inside so it isn't seen by the recipient).

Supplies:
Base: foam core
White cardstock:  Recollections
MS Word
Paper Crimper: Marvy Uchida
Velvet paper ?
Die Cut: Ellison
Adhesive: Scotch Advanced Tape Glider, Elmer's Glue Spots
Scallop punch: Stampin' Up

No comments:

Post a Comment