Sunday, September 23, 2012

Let it Snow!

Dashing through the snow is the challenge at Jingle Belles.  Since we haven't had much snow in the past few years where I live, my card is a wish for snow.  To begin I embossed snowflakes on white cardstock, punched the three snowmen from designer paper, matted them with dark blue cardstock and adhered them to the embossed background.  The card looked a little flat so I added the punched snowflakes using dimensional adhesives.  I wrote the sentiment with a marker and then inked around the outer edges of the banner as well as the white embossed cardstock.  The real challenge for me was taking a photo.  I have a hard time trying to take a decent photo with cards that have this much white.

Supplies Embossing plate: Fiskars snowflake, Snowflake punch: Emagination Crafts Inc., Square punch: EK Success whale, Marker: Impress Dual Marker ultramarine, 3D adhesive: EK Success 3D Dots, Other adhesive: Scotch Advanced Tape Glider, Pigment Ink: Studio G, Designer Paper: Oriental Trading Winter , /Dk blue cardstock (sorry, I don't know the source),

3 comments:

  1. Love those sweet little snowmen ... whit is tricky to photograph, but you did an excellent job ... so glad you dashed through the snow with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous & creative holiday card! those snowmen are just tooooooooooo cuuuuute and i love*LOVE*love that you've used the positive AND negative bits of that snowflake punch, it adds so much dimension! thank you for "dashing through the snow" with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT details with the background! The image of the snowman is darling! So glad that you stopped by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete