Saturday, February 14, 2015

Washi Fun @ Jingle Belles

This morning I learned that Steph & Lauren from Jingle Belles are having a super fun challenge suggested by Lela Meinke. "Here we come a -WASHI-ing" is the theme for the challenge. Since I have a drawer full of washi and I love creating Christmas cards, I'm all in for this challenge.  This first card was pretty simple to put together. I already had the image of the trees stamped because I had intended to use the image for another project but didn't. So, I simply added a washi border and ta-dah...I had a focal point for the card. I layered the tree image over a brown and white polka dot patterned cardstock and created a washi frame behind it.   Fun challenge! A big thanks to Lela Meinke for suggesting it.

3 comments:

  1. Washi tape makes a perfect frame ... love those pretty holiday trees ... so very glad you came a-WASHI-ing with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, to take an existing image and frame it up. I have a million of those! Love your scene, thanks for playing the challenge! And thanks for the kind shout-out. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ♥WOW♥! i have to chime in with my fellow belles and say that i, too, LOVE the idea of just framing the image with the tape... that works REALLY well as this fabulous card proves pretty definitively! thanks for WASHI-ing with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete