Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October Sketch

It's time for a new sketch at The Sketch File. Kathy has inspired us with a fun sketch that has an off-set circular hole, with a smaller circle inside which creates an excellent focal point. The shape can actually be any shape, so I chose to use a leaf shape. I guess I was also inspired by the fall colors surrounding us here in Wyoming. They aren't the same glorious colors I grew up with in the north eastern part of the USA, but they are still quite beautiful.
I added a bit of texture to the mats with two different embossing folders and used a small leaf punch to carry the leaf theme throughout the card. I also kept the color scheme similar to that of the leaf.
You might be wondering why I am sharing two similar sketches.  Kathy usually designs the sketches using both a square and rectangular shape to offer even more inspiration. We hope you will play along with us and link up a project or two over at The Sketch File . If nothing else, you should hop on over just to take a peak at Kathy's card. It will knock your socks off!



No comments:

Post a Comment