Monday, September 22, 2014

Blueberry Patch

For many years now, my sister has generously provided us with lodging each time we travel across the country to visit with our extended families.  During our visit this August, we enjoyed freshly picked blueberries from her blueberry patch. She had such an abundant blueberry crop that she ended up selling some of them to people who were eager to pick their own. To thank her for her hospitality, I decided to surprise her and create a hand painted sign. Next year she can use it to replace the temporary signage that she used this year. It's been awhile since I painted anything like this, but it was great to pull out the paints and brushes and paint again. The sign turned out a bit rustic and each side is slightly different from the other,  but I don't think she'll mind. I shipped it off this morning and it should arrive at her home next week. I hope she will get a lot of use out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment