Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Rainbow Flower Pennant

It's June and we're excited to be starting a new month over at The Sketch File. A new month means it's time to share the new June sketch. This month Kathy's sketch has us working with panels and pennants. It's a super fun sketch to play with and once I saw it, I knew immediately what I wanted to do. I started by creating the rainbow flower in my pennant.  Using white cardstock, I punched the flower then adhered various colored bits of cardstock behind each petal. I punched a second flower in another crackle embossed pennant and layered it over the top of the first using dimensional adhesive. I like the way this added dimension to the flower. Behind the pennant I added an embossed green panel with a bow at the base and layered this onto a green mat and then the cardbase.  Since the card still needed a bit more, I pulled out a pair of decorative scissors to cut along the bottom edge of the card.

It was a super fun card to make and I really enjoyed the simplicity of Kathy's sketch.  What do you think? Are you ready to be creative with our latest sketch? If you still need a bit more inspiration, there are more cards posted by other DT members. Just hop on over to The Sketch File to take a peek. We're looking forward to seeing how you use this sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment