Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thunderbirds & Makeshift Hats

I based this layout on a sketch over at Sketches With A Twist.  The twist part of the challenge was to use a rubber stamp.  I used the Zig Zag Star Border stamp around the edges of my layout.
The layout is about a Thunderbird's air show that my son and I attended. We had to travel to get there and when we arrived, we realized we'd forgotten our hats.  So, we decided to create hats from things we found in the car.  He used the hood of a rain jacket and I folded an old map into a hat.  I have to say, I got a lot of strange looks, but I was happy that I was able to see airplanes without too much squinting.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations Vintage Collection
Star Punch: McGill
Paper: Provo Craft Color Wheel Collection: Ocean Blue, Recollections: red, black
Stamps: Hero Arts Zig Zag Star Border
Pigment ink: Studio G white
Adhesive: Scotch Advanced Tape Glider,  Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Airplanes: hand cut
All words are hand cut from black cardstock

5 comments:

  1. HI.. This layout looks fabulous, and I have had a giggle at your make shift hats, but what a great title too for your layout.. and thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page and the little red and what stars are such a cute addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page! GREAT job on making this such a memorable page, Brenda The design flows beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your page, thanks for joining us at swat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great Red White and Blue Layout and take on the Sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at SWAT this Month and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete