Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Many Thanks

The Paper Players challenge this week is "Give Thanks".  One of the things that I have always been grateful for is the beautiful fall colors that I grew up with in my home state. Autumn was always so bright and vibrant because of the fabulous maple trees.  So, my card uses maple leaves to send "Many Thanks".  I used a die cut machine to create the embossed maple leaves and a punch to create the small leaves. I inked around the edges of all of them and lightly across the embossed areas on the large leaves.  I wrote the sentiment with a marker, cut it into a banner shape, inked the edges and adhered it to the left side of the card. I added the strips of decorative tape to finish it.


Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studios
Decorative Tape: MME Indie Chic Pictures Tape
Small Maple leaf: EK Success Maple Leaf Punch
Die- Cut Maple Leaf: Fiskars Fuse #0108
Pigment Ink: Page Craft Chanti/Amber
Cardstock: DCWV Vintage
Marker: Bic Mark It
Adhesive: Scotch Advanced Tape Glider/ Elmer's Craft Bond Glue Spots

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Kudos to these amazing colors and your handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those gorgeous fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Brenda! I love the colors of those gorgeous leaves! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You showcased the leaves with all their glories--fabulous textures and colors! Well done, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, your design really "pops" with those gorgeous Autumn shades

    I was looking for a link to "contact" you, but couldn't finf it - would you contact me instead - there's an "email me" link on my side bar, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, I can't connect to your blog from my blog. I get a message that denies access to your profile. Here's my contact info: bbtbarton(at)juno(dot)com

    ReplyDelete