Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Retirement Party Placemats

I created these placemats from the pages of old books that were discarded.  The placemats will be used at a retirement party for the local library director. Since she is a librarian, I decided to upcycle old discarded books. All the image are from the old discarded books. The letters for each word were hand cut from the pages with text. Each placemat has photos, a word cut from text, a map and flowers.  I don't usually like to do collage projects. I find that they can be over crowded and too busy, so I tried to keep these placemats pretty simple and stuck with the same design elements for each placemat.  Since I need about 100 of these for the party, I will use a color photo copier and make copies as needed.

Add caption










1 comment: