Wednesday, May 30, 2012

We Make a Great PEAR card

This is my second card for the shaped card challenge at Simply Less is Moore.  I am having a blast with this challenge!  So here's my card:
This will be an anniversary card. The inside sentiment says ....We make a great "PEAR"  Happy Anniversary!  I started with a piece of  folded greenish-yellow cardstock.  Then while looking at a pear from my fruit bowl, I simply cut the pear shapes out with a pair of scissors.  I cut a branch from dark brown cardstock, embossed it a wood grain texture and adhered it to the card base. I cut around the branch with scissors and used an Xacto to trim between the pears.  I cut the leaves from patterned paper and adhered them to the card along with a few stems that I cut from brown cardstock.  To make cardstock look more "pear-like" I chalked it with green and red chalk.  I added a white pear shaped piece of cardstock that is slightly smaller than the card inside and printed the sentiment on it.

Thank you so much for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Brenda,
    This is sooo cute! Great idea for an anniversary card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect pear Brenda!
    No white space but really CAS so ok I say
    Thank you for another submission, will await the third!
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"
    Could we ask you to consider removing Word Verification as it makes commenting easier for us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Brenda - what a pair!!! Sorry, couldn't resist hehe..... great card with lovely colouring; although I'm sure that Mistresses Chrissie and Mandi will have something to say about the lack of white space.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Brenda, but as Karen says, it doesn't have any white space... a bit like the animal shaped cards I put on my personal blog... a really fun shape though!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete