Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's Your Day, a Makeover Monday Challenge

I'm running a bit late this week as far as getting my card together for the Makeover Monday Challenge at Paper Crafter's Library. Andrea Walford created this card:
  I used it as inspiration and created this card:

Like Andrea's card, I used a square card.  I used a piece of dark blue paper and a star punch to create the "It's Your Day!" sentiment instead of using ribbon.  With my limited embossing experience, I attempted to emboss the cupcake. The cupcake image is a new product for me.  It is called Basically Bare. The frosting is canvas and the bottom is cardboard.  The shapes came bare and ready to alter.  So, I embossed the canvas frosting and added gems.  I embossed the cupcake bottom as well, using an embossing pen to create the stripes and chalked between each stripe.   I rolled paper to create the candle and added wire behind the frosting.  If I made this card again, I would make a few changes. I would use dimensional adhesive behind the diagonal paper and the star strip at the bottom. I would also use brighter colors.  It just doesn't have the feel I was going for and brighter colors might be the answer.

1 comment:

  1. Your cupcake card is darling! Love the colors and the touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete