Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hello...flower card

Today's challenge is The Color Suite challenge from Scrapbook Cards Today (April 16, 2012).  When I first saw the "combination" of colors, I wasn't sure I could come up with a project that I'd like that would include all of them.  It just so happens that Sandy Genovese did a tutorial on her Showgram last week that demonstrated  a  "diorama" card that I really wanted to try.  So, with the colors in mind from the Color Suite Challenge and Sandy's diorama card inspiration, I got to work and created the following card.


 It is difficult to tell from the photo, but the HELLO portion of the card bows out into arc shape. This works because the right hand edge of the strip that the word hello is attached  to, slides into a slit in the back portion of the card. This card would make a great centerpiece because it stands up so well.  So thanks SCT and Sandy Genovese for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment