Monday, September 24, 2012

Sewing Craze!

I admit it, I'm on a sewing craze right now. This card like many other projects that I have recently created has sewing on it.  I started by using the diamond stitch on my sewing machine.  I sewed a strip of diamonds with green thread onto a light green cardstock.  Then I pulled the stitching away from the cardstock, which left me we a string of stitched diamonds.  I separated them into sets of two an adhered them into the flower shape.  I then punched a 1/2" circle and wrapped it in the same green thread to use as the center of the flower.  To add a little more dimension, I punched small circles from a scrap piece of olive green cardstock and adhered the small circles around the center of the flower.  Using my sewing machine once again.  I choose another patterned stitch and sewed the three strips.  I adhered the three strips to the striped paper and inked around a piece of light green cardstock and wrote many thanks with a marker.  To add a bit more interest, I cut wire and wrapped it into the spirals and tucked the ends behind the sentiment panel.  The overall card design was inspired by the current sketch challenge # 114 over at The Paper Players.
Supplies:  
Light green cardstock (unknown source....it was given to me)
Designer paper: Fancy Pants Saint Nick
Sewing Machine: Janome
Adhesives: Elmer's Glue Dots, Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
Green wire:  (no name on product)
Thread: Coats & Clark All Purpose green

4 comments:

  1. Those stitches are amazing, not to mention that beautiful green color. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that's a lot of stitching! What great texture it adds to your card...beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your fabulous stitching, it really does add so much texture to your card. Works beautifully with the distressed feel of the card. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete