Friday, September 28, 2012

Googly Eyed Critter


I'm trying to show you the accordion folding on the sentiment...it doesn't photograph well but looks great in real life.

There is a super fun challenge over at Creative Time for Me hosted by Tracy from http://tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com/. The challenge is to used googly eyes.  Love it! I didn't have to think about this card much. An idea started to brew right away. I started by folding a piece of red cardstock then used my scissors to cut out this little critter. To give it a polka dot look, I  randomly punched holes, attached yellow cardstock to the back and then added the googly eyes. I played around with 3 eyes, but didn't like it as much as with just two. Then I cut my version of arms from yellow cardstock and added some detail with a red colored pencil.  I mounted the critter on DCWV Spring Fling. I also used a Martha Stewart punch to add the border on the green cardstock. For the sentiment, I used a white marker and wrote Happy Halloween on black cardstock then fussy cut around it. To add some dimension, I accordion folded the sentiment and adhered it between the two hands. I used a black card base, but inside I added a second piece of the green cardstcok with the same circle punched border. 

6 comments:

  1. Well he certainly is a cute little handmade critter, and what a clever concept and design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a cute little monster! So cool that you cut him out by hand! It turned out great!! Love the googly eyes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Creative Time!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little monster...his googie eyes make him even cuter!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge :)

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER job with your FUN card!Looks sooo CUTE with those googie eyes,Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am so impressed that you hand cut this critter! He is absolutely adorable, especially with his googly eyes! Thanks for playing along with the My Creative Time Designer Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally impressed too! I love your hand cut critter!! He's super adorable! Love the fold on the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with MCT challenge! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete